Subrahmanya Bhujangam or Subrahmanya Bhujanga Stotram is a powerful Hindu hymn that is dedicated to Lord Subrahmanya, also known as Lord Murugan, Skanda or Kartikeya. Lord Subrahmanya is considered the Hindu God of war and victory and is considered as the elder son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and brother of Lord Ganesha. The hymn is also known as “Skanda Bhujangam” and is believed to have been written by the Sri Adi Shankara. The hymn is considered to be extremely powerful and is said to have many benefits for those who chant it regularly.
This blog has the following sections:
Here’s the Sanskrit lyrics of this hymn: Subrahmanya Bhujanga Stotram Sanskrit Lyrics PDF and given below is the link to a beautiful rendition of the hymn by Carnatic musicians Smt. Ranjani and Smt. Gayatri.
The rest of this blog post goes on to explain the various benefits of this hymn and also explores the history of Tiruchendur Murugan Temple, where this hymn was composed by Sri Adi Shankara.
12 Benefits of Subramanya Bhujangam
The following are some amazing benefits of Sri Subramanya Bhujanga Stotram:
- One of the key benefits of chanting Subrahmanya Bhujangam is that it is believed to help in removing obstacles and difficulties from one’s life.
- The hymn is said to be particularly powerful in removing problems related to marriage, education, and career.
- Many devotees chant this hymn to overcome difficulties in their professional lives, such as to get a promotion at work or to secure a new job.
- Another benefit of chanting Subrahmanya Bhujangam is that it is believed to help in the attainment of spiritual growth and development.
- The hymn is said to help in the purification of the mind, body, and soul, and to help in the attainment of inner peace and tranquility.
- It is also said to help in the attainment of spiritual knowledge and wisdom, and to help in the attainment of self-realization and enlightenment.
- Subrahmanya Bhujangam is also believed to bring good luck and prosperity to those who chant it regularly.
- Many people chant this hymn to bring success and prosperity in their lives, and to remove any obstacles that may be preventing them from achieving their goals.
- In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, Subrahmanya Bhujangam is also said to have many physical and mental health benefits.
- It is believed to help in the treatment of various diseases, such as asthma, diabetes, and skin diseases.
- Subrahmanya Bhujanga Stotram is also said to help in the treatment of mental disorders, such as anxiety and depression.
- Subrahmanya Bhujangam is very popular maong Muruga devotees, particularly in the Southern states of India.
Lord Muruga, also known as Lord Subrahmanya or Kartikeya, is a Hindu God of war and victory. He is considered the second son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, and is the elder brother of Lord Ganesha. He is widely worshiped in South India, particularly in the state of Tamil Nadu, where he is considered the patron deity.
Murugan, in Tamil, is a popular deity. Called as Murugan Swamy or the Tamil God, Lord Muruga is celebrated across Tamil Nadu and has many famous Murugan temples.
Lord Muruga is often depicted as a handsome, young warrior, holding weapons such as a spear and a bow and arrow. He is also often depicted riding on a peacock, which is his mount. He is also associated with the planet Mars, and is considered the commander-in-chief of the celestial army.
Lord Muruga is considered the God of wisdom and knowledge, and is also associated with the arts and sciences. He is also considered the God of love and is invoked by devotees seeking blessings for a happy married life. He is also considered a God of wealth and is invoked by devotees seeking success in their business and professional lives.
Lord Muruga is also considered a God of spiritual growth and development, and is often invoked to remove obstacles and difficulties in one’s life. He is also considered a God of protection and is invoked to protect devotees from harm.
Lord Muruga’s worship is particularly popular among the Tamil-speaking people and many temple dedicated to him can be found in South India. His most famous temple is the Palani Murugan Temple in Tamil Nadu, which is considered one of the most important pilgrimage sites in South India.
In conclusion, Lord Muruga is a popular Hindu God of war and victory, widely worshiped in South India. He is considered the God of wisdom, knowledge, love, wealth, spiritual growth, protection and is invoked by devotees for various reasons. His temples are considered a spiritual and cultural center of the devotees and many people visit these temples to seek blessings and offer prayers.
Tiruchendur Murugan Temple
Legend has it that Sri Adi Shankara composed Subrahmanya Bhujanga Stotram at this site. While afflicted with severe stomach pain, Sri Adi Shankara praised Lord Skanda thorugh these hymns and got relieved of the ailment.
The Tiruchendur Murugan Temple, also known as Arulmigu Subramaniaswamy Temple, is a Hindu temple located in the town of Tiruchendur in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The temple is dedicated to Lord Muruga, also known as Lord Subrahmanya or Kartikeya, and is considered one of the six major abodes or “Arupadaiveedu” of Lord Muruga.
The temple is situated on the seashore and has a long history dating back thousands of years. It is believed that Lord Muruga himself appeared on the site and instructed the construction of the temple. The temple is known for its architectural beauty and the intricate carvings on the gopuram (tower) and mandapams (halls). The temple has several shrines dedicated to Lord Muruga, as well as shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva and his consort, Parvati.
The temple is also known for its annual festival, the Skanda Shashti festival, which is celebrated in the month of October or November. During the festival, thousands of devotees gather at the temple to offer prayers and take part in the various religious ceremonies. The festival includes the hoisting of the temple flag, the recitation of hymns and songs in praise of Lord Muruga, and the offering of special prayers and pujas.
The temple is also famous for the “abhishekam” (sacred bath) for Lord Muruga, which is performed every day and is considered very auspicious. The temple is also known for “Anna Abishekam” which is performed on special occasions, when the deity is bathed in cooked rice.
In conclusion, the Tiruchendur Murugan Temple is a significant Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Muruga and is considered one of the six major abodes of Lord Muruga. It is known for its architectural beauty and the intricate carvings. It is also famous for its annual festival, the Skanda Sashti festival, and its daily abhishekam and Anna Abishekam. It is a major pilgrimage center for devotees of Lord Muruga and is visited by thousands of people every year.